Faculty of Agronomy and Bioengineerring is a one of the oldest at our University . It was established in 1919 as the Faculty of Agronomy and Forestry AT the Piast University , later renamed the Poznań University. In 1949 the Faculty of Agronomy and Forestry was divided into independent faculties: The Faculty of Agriculture and The Faculty of Forestry. After the establishment of the The Higher School of Agriculture in 1951 at the Faculty of Agronomy there were 26 departments, which later gave rise to the following Faculties. On 1 February 2010 Faculty of Agronomy changed its name to the Faculty and Bioengineering.
Research conducted at organizational units of the Faculty of Agronomy and Bioengineering is focused on main Fields. Natural foundations for crop-yield under in the framework of the following directions of research:
- biochemistry, molecular biology and genetic engineering,
- generation of new genetic variation in plants, via crossing, mutagenesis and biotechnology methods as well as breeding value, testing of produced genotypes,
- statistical methods in planning analysis of agricultural experiments,
- physical and chemical properties of the soil medium.
Agrotechnical aspects of agricultural production include the following research directions:
- improvement of crop cultivation technology,
- modern agroecological plant protection,
- enhanced efficiency of mineral fertilization of cereals, root crops and industrial plants, ecology of soil microorganisms,
- sustainability as a factor determining grassland use in feed production,
- application of agricultural engineering in modern agricultural production technologies.
Aspects of agricultural engineering – within the framework of the following research directions:
- energy, economic and ecological effects of technical change in plant production processes and postharvest management of harvested yield,
- impact of suspensions systems and working elements of cultivation tools and machines on the soil environment,
- milking and milk storage techniques and technologies,
- computer – assisted analyses and design of agricultural product drying and storage,
- technologies of agricultural and industrial waste management,
- studies on the gas emission in organic fertilization and municipal and agricultural and industrial waste management,
- development and analysis of management and disposal technologies in case of organic wastes of plant,
- municipal and industrial origin in environmental protection,
- studies on the efficiency of biogas production from different plant, animals and waste materials.
Doctoral studies - regular Studies and Extramural Programme:
- Environmental Protection,
- Agricultural Engineering.
Institute of Agricultural Engineering
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology
Department of Agricultural Chemistry
Department of Agricultural Economics and Agricultural Management
Department of Genetics and Plant Breeding
Department of Soil Science
Department of Grassland and Natural Landscape
Department of Mathematical and Statistical Methods
Department of Agricultural Microbiology
Department of Soil and Plant Cultivation